Human Resources Management
The Human Resources Management Department is one of the Common Services Departments of the Ministry.
Its Mandate is carried out under its two Division, namely; Appointments, Promotion and Discipline (APD) and Staff Welfare and Training (SWT).
The APD Division is charged with matters relating to appointments, upgrading, conversions and discipline of its staff and those of its Parastatals. The SWT Division is charged with the general welfare of its staff especially in the areas of accommodation, sports, cleaning, union activities, stores management etc and the training of its staff both locally and internationally.
The Charter is an expression of the commitment and resolve of the Human Resources Management Department to provide efficient services on Human Resources for the entire Ministry and its Parastatals.
FUNCTIONS OF HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
- To ensure proper office management and general administration of the Ministry;
- To ensure that qualified Personnel are sourced and / or deployed accordingly to man appropriate officers;
- To ensure that qualified staff due for promotion are presented for the exercise as and when due, thereby ensuring institutionalization of adequate succession planning mechanisms in thee the Ministry\'
- To maintain general discipline of staff in line with PSR, FR, and Extant Circulars and Civil Service norms.
- To ensure that staff are exposed to all relevant training programmes.
- To ensure that welfare provisions are made available to staff in accordance with the provisions of the PSR and extant circulars.
- To ensure that office accommodation are adequately provided through liason with OSGF and OHCSF.
- To ensure that staff participate in sporting activities to maintain good health.
- To ensure that appropriate working environment and materials are provided for all staff.