Press & Media
The schedule of duties for the Press and Public Relations Unit are as follows:
· Arranging press conferences, briefings, interviews for the Honourable Minister.
· Ensure that information and facts in annual/quarterly Ministerial Briefings are correct.
· Ensuring that the ecstatic beauty of the Ministry is guaranteed at all times with artworks, pictures and graphics.
· Accompanying the Hon. Minister/Permanent Secretary on official assignments, in and outside Nigeria and ensuring that appropriate news items are generated from such trips.
· Coverage of courtesy visits/meetings.
· Covering all interactive sessions of the Ministry officials/ Stakeholders and the Media or related bodies.
· Monitoring of Local and International news reports on both Electronic and Print Media for feedback.
· Daily compilation of Newspaper/Magazine reports/Press Clippings on Power related matters and weekly Press Review.
· Dissemination of information through press releases, feature articles, internet etc.
· Sending Press Releases with Photographs to the Federal Ministry of Information websitewww.fmic.gov.ng. and all Media Houses on daily basis.
· Populate, edict and ensure contributions for a functional, educative and informative website for the Ministry\'s website [www.power.gov.ng].
· Responsible for the designing and placements of advertisements, and announcements on print and electronic media.
· Covering activities/programmes of the Ministry as Master of Ceremony.
· Ensuring documentation through production of Photographs, CDs, DVD\'s, Videotapes, VCDs, etc. for dissemination and for the archives.
· Any other duty as assigned by the Honourable Minister and the Permanent Secretary.